SE ASIA - Day 52 - KRABI - Free and Easy


I went around walking during last  evening on the walking street.


Spotting quite a few ladyboys on the street trying to get customers to buy ticket to their show. If you want to take pictures together with them I believe some tips are expected. I stayed away from them, never been a great fan of the ladyboys. Some of them are much taller and bigger size than me.




Then it drizzle, and then it pours, cats and dogs style.
I have to go into one of the restaurants and the mention of happy hour for all big bottles of Leo and Chang at 80THB convinced me it's the right place to be while waiting for the rain to stop.

I ordered a BBQ Seabass at 400THB, not expensive by Singapore standard, but remember I had a takeaway from Chumpon at 230THB, BTW, this is a restaurant and  there are more rental and staff overheads to account for.


Different BBQ style, no salt covered skin this time. The fish tasted great with the special chili sauce.
The rain stopped two hours later and I thought I will save the walking street for the following day.

The breakfast this morning was good. It was served at a connected restaurant that is right beside the beach.


I have read comments in booking.com about how bad the breakfast is. I guess they were comparing it with a SGD500/night hotel. For SGD116/day, I am totally satisfied with that.

Then I ran through the footage of the drone flights that I have done previous day, it wasn't that good. Perhaps due to the position of the sun, too overly exposed. So I took out my drone and flew 2 batteries worth, and spent the rest of the morning editing it.

Best view at 4K resolution, it's worth the wait for the buffering if you are on Wifi.



Took 45 mins to render while I did my laundry. Then I realized a slight glitch at the last 2 seconds that should have been cropped off. Arghhhhhhhhh !!! I edited it and re-render it on a later part after lunch. (Re-rendered and uploaded as on 3.33pm SGT 07 Jan 2017)

Went out for a walk and then lunch. If you have watched the video, this is the Marlin fish sculpture that the drone was circling around on. I would have done it at a lower height if not for the long structure beside it which I was afraid of crashing into.


Then a walk along the beach. These long tailed boats can bring your to the nearby islands for sightseeing. I wasn't interested in that, so skipped it.


Lots of people just lazing at the beach.


The Thai massage price beside the beach is a rip-off at 300THB/hr. Usual market rate is about 200THB. My best rate ever was at Hatyai with the purchase of discount coupon, 260THB for 1hr45mins.

Then I moved on to the walking street. Lots of shops, mostly opened by noon time.

Many people like me would judge if a restaurant is expensive or cheap by looking at how much a big bottle of their favorite beer cost. Some of the shops are smart to offer Happy Hour by lowering their price of their beer and then later rip them off with the price of the food. It's hard to compare the price of the food due to unpredictable amount of the portion and quality, but bottled beer are all the same.



Then I went to this restaurant recommended by Tripadvisor.com which offered bottled LEO beer at 80THB/bott.  I ordered another Seabass, this time, deep fried with their own in-house recipe as stated in their menu. 350THB for the fish, 80THB per large bottle of Leo beer. 

It turned out that their own in-house recipe were actually Thai sweet chilli sauce with added in basil leave and some other Thai herbs. Nothing special, but a fried fish will never taste that bad, the fish was fresh, you can just taste the freshness of the tender meat inside.

Then it drizzles again, I ordered another beer since it is happy hour, who doesn't want to get indulged with such happiness.

After the 2nd bottle, it looks like cats and dog rain are on the way as the sky turned really dark. I quickly settled the bill and make my way back to the hotel.

Day 53 - Krabi to Phuket

Comments

Popular Posts