SE ASIA - DAY 21 - VIENTIANE - Free and Easy

I have seen a lot of Wats(temples) in this trip and probably enough to keep me away from Wats for a year. Other than Wats, the only thing worth visiting is the Patuxay Monument.


This monument was donated by China.


Passed by  an abandon Wat overgrown with grass.

Passed by a local supermarket, but this appears to be something priced for the tourist.
It was expensive, later I learned that this is a Chinese supermarket targeted at Chinese expats. most stuffs were from China.




Saw this couple that could have possibly rode their biycle all the way from Switzerland, the men's bike was flying the Switzerland flag.  Something is not right, why are they still so fair riding all the way here ?

Saw another BMW GS1200 that bears a European plate. Yeah, I am not alone, someone is as crazy as me riding all the way to LAOS.


Went to a nice western bar & restaurant and ordered some beef and vegetables.

They turned up to be really nice, the chilli dip was great, satisfied my spicy appetite, along with a big Beer Lao, 86k KIPS.

Day 22 - Vientiane to Vang Vieng

Comments

  1. Laos is much advanced than what I thought. Enjoy nice food & beautiful scenary ! Did you see any Singaporean motorbike tourists over there ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get to see the most advanced part of LAOs only in Vientiane. They rest of the areas are way backdated with wooden houses, farms, chickens and cows. Nope, no signs of Singaporean motorbike tourist except myself :) , each time I passed by the remote people at the villages, they will look at me as if I am an alien.

      Delete
  2. It always surprises and impresses me meeting these international cyclists along the way and there seem to be many who ride through Laos, more than I see in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, infact, I have met 3 retired Malaysians in Luang Namtha who have rode their foldie bicycles all over the place. It's amazing. They have even rode all the way from China back to Thailand. Putting myself in that situation, I would be cursing myself going up the hill each time rather than just squeezing the throttle. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts