SE ASIA - Day 53 - KRABI to PHUKET PATONG BEACH

Today, I have planned to head out to Phuket, where I will be spending a real vacation of 1 week there before heading back.


Another breakfast beside the beach before setting off.

The sun have just rose, unfortunately on the other side of the view.

Still, it's a beautiful sight, very much enhanced the breakfast experience.

I saw the weather forecast that it may rain at about noon time in Phuket. Judging by the travelling time required, I should be able to reach there by then.

Topped up petrol half-way and took a short break before moving on.

Took this picture at the petrol station.

Lots of turnings on the way to Phuket and when reaching Phuket town, traffic was really slow. Some roads at Phuket are really steep and I have read from reviews that motorcycle accidents are really common here. So I rode within speed limit and careful not being want to be included as part of the statistics.


Arrived at the hotel at 11am. Parked my bike at the hotel car-park, I actually have to occupy two bike lots here due to the side panniers.

Too bad that I am only allowed to check-in at 2pm. So I took a stroll around the hotel.
The hotel is only 200metres away from the beach. Patong beach is so much more crowded than Krabi Ao Nang beach.



Para-sailing is available.

Then I had lunch at a restaurant nearby and indeed, the rain comes suddenly, right on time as forecast.
At the meantime, I saw lots of "ponding" videos and pictures from the Whatsapp chatgroup happening in Singapore this morning.

Lunch and couple of beers later, rain stopped and time to check in.

Then I realized that this hotel, of all the Thailand hotel I have stayed, impose charges for the Wifi. SGD162/night and no free Wifi 😱 ? What era is this hotel operating in where everyone have a strong reliance on Internet. Luckily I have have booked this hotel for a day, will be switching to another hotel tomorrow.

Minus points for the non-free Wifi.


I get to watch over my bike from my Balcony.

And a nice mountain view.

As my 2GB for 30days package have left with 200Mb left, I went to 7-11 and topped up another 100THB for my SIM card and purchased a 7day unlimited data for 150THB. Then I tethered my phone to my notebook for updating this blog.

Used my action camera for taking a 30sec time-lapse of the clouds. It's quite amazing on how it moves.

Day 54 - Phuket - Free and Easy

Comments

Popular Posts