SE ASIA - DAY 62 -HATYAI to MELAKA(Malaysia)

It was a long day indeed, considering the shift of timezone from GMT+9 to GMT+8.
I set off at 6am before the sky even starts to brighten up, only to hope that I reach Melaka before sunset.


Bon Voyage sign from Thailand as you going through the Thailand Sadao border.


The Thailand and Malaysian side customs were rather smooth. On the Thailand side, they only accept the customs declaration forms and did not even want the vehicle conveyance form back from me, I still have it with me after leaving Thailand.

You have to pay THB10 for each of the bike, additional THB3 if you have a pillion rider with you. They called it the Overtime Fees !!

Passport stamping on the Malaysian side. Ok, no more fooling around, they actually demanded me to remove my full face helmet to make sure that I look like the picture in the passport. Last time, no one bothers.

Then, the customs in Malaysia side were armed with MP5 rifles. They actually go through my pannier boxes and asked many questions, "what is in this ? " "Any knifes you are carrying ?".

The ride on the Malaysian NS Highway was smooth, apart from the Penang and KL area whereby there where many vehicles that I have to limit myself of 110km/hr, otherwise, I was doing an average of 130-140km/hr.

The good ol' A&W, my first experience of fast food restaurant in Singapore some 30+  years ago.  Although now it has totally closed down in Singapore, it is still available in Malaysia. For those who still remember the root bear float they have....

Had a Nasi Ayam (Malay Chicken Rice) @RM5 at about 10am, coz too hungry. No much expectations in terms of taste from those R&R places, just to fill-up the stomach.

Love the clear blue sky, it means no rain ! Apart from the heat that really sets in during noon time. I have to stop many times to go to the toilet at the R&R and wash my face to cool down before continuing the ride.


Reached Melaka at about 5pm. I lugged the side pannier to the Hatten hotel lobby for check-in, only to find out that I have booked another Hotel called the Hatten Place, it's a different hotel. 😓I have always assumed that there is only one Hatten Hotel in Melaka, Hatten Place is very new and about 2km from Hatten Hotel besides the sea. So I carried the pannier box back to the bike, rode it to Hatten place, after nearly 9 hours of riding and a light breakfast.

The Hatten place is really new. The place smells like a newly renovated house. Everything is soooooo new ! There seems to be a Wifi device in every room so no weak signal in certain rooms.  It is attached to a big shopping mall but half of the shops are still not opened yet. SGD57/night with breakfast, not a bad price. I loved the shower, the water pressure is the strongest I have experience in this trip. While they have shower gel, shampoo and body lotion, no toothbrush/paste provided.




I was actually looking forward to have a heavy dinner at this nice Bak Kut Teh shop. I have eaten at this shop many times and loved the taste. It's the Malaysian Claypot style but the soup is tasty. It is in the small street right beside the Hatten Hotel. So I walked about 1.5km, only to find that it is closed today. 😩😩

In fact, the entire Melaka town is very quiet during weekdays. It is only busy during weekends, mostly due to Singaporeans coming here for a weekend trip. Apart from this shop, many other shops are closed.


Then I wondered around and found this Chinese BBQ shop. The price is actually very reasonable.
I had 2 jars of Qingdao beer and 15 sticks of assorted mutton, beef, pork, chicken and prawn, worked out to be RM60. (SGD20). It tasted really good.


Today is one day from the last 61days that I didn't do any laundry, because I know that I will be at home tomorrow doing it with my washing machine instead 😝.

Finally, a 1sec time-lapse video from Hatyai until my action cam ran out of power. Rendered it 4 times on my notebook, almost gave up,  original source is 4K quality but my notebook just couldn't handle it, have to step down the quality for it to work.


Day 63 - Melaka to Home(Singapore)



Comments

  1. Welcome home... or almost. :)
    Good to see you arrive safely.
    Cool time lapse video. I always wonder how people shoot such a long time outside lapse video when the battery die so fast. Maybe I'll try really soon.
    Have a safe ride home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KW, infact, I am already home as I typed this. I took the time-lapse with a 4K action camera, not Go-pro but the Chinese copy version at less than SGD100. The battery is really cheap, like SGD3/piece and it can take time-lapse continuously for like 3 hours. Really worth the money.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts