Day 4 - 01 Aug 2017 - Riding around Taiwan - Tainan to Taichung


On day 4, I planned to go to Taichung台中.
According to the Chinese Hanyupinyin, shouldnt it be Taizhong instead ? 
I guess it was named Taichung before Hanyupinyin was even invented.
Just like Peking was later renamed to Beijing, the Taiwanese didn't bothered with it.


The weather was cleared up and it starts to get sunny in the day time.
It does get rather hot in the noon time, especially when you stop riding. 
I have to ditch my riding jacket and replace it with those sun sleeves I bought in Tainan.
Have to also cover my face using banana from the strong sun.


Bad thing about going for such travels without any companion is that it's hard to find someone to help take pictures of yourself. Luckily, I brought my drone along and use it to take some selfie pictures and video.



Arrived in Taichung, checked into a decent hotel. They even gave me a free upgrade.
This hotel cost me SGD95 per night, it even comes with a computer in the room.




On my way out, I noticed that my scooter have got this paper stapled to the rear pillion handle.

This paper is the parking charges incurred when I park my scooter there. Only selected areas especially in busy places will impose parking charges. You just need to bring this paper to any convenience store and pay at the cashier. The cashier will give you a receipt for you to proof that you have paid them. Then I saw some bikes with loads of these stapled to them. Some were really really old and even the ink had faded. This is where I concluded that the need to pay these charges are likely not effectively enforced. I did pay them though... for the experience. It's SGD90cents .

Best way to experience Taiwan is to visit their night market and eat their street food. Each city have a few night markets and each market features unique street food where even their locals frequently visit them.








I would like to introduce a very nice Taiwanese food, the milk fish,  虱(shi)目鱼.
It's either cooked with porridge or just plain soup, with ginger.
The fish is sweet and fragrant, very very nice.
You can find this easily in a lots of  Taiwan restaurants.



 Lastly, the Taiwanese fermented toufu 臭豆腐 in assorted flavours and presentations.






Comments

Popular Posts