SE ASIA - DAY 25 - VANG VIENG to LUANG PRABANG

Waited outside the hotel restaurant to be their first breakfast customer again.
Set off at 7.10am, hoping to reach Luang Prabang by noon.


It was bad road, average speed at 60km/hr. Then it goes into the mountains and it was bad road and bad visibility. I rode into the clouds on the top of mountain.

 This was how bad the visibility was. At some area, I barely could see anything 3 meters away.

This was suppose to be a view point, but you see nothing there, super foggy.


While having bad visibility, I then rode into an area covered with wet mud. It was a nightmare, my rear tire wasn't able to get traction of the road at times but luckily I did not drop my bike. I thought how far will this mud road last. Almost wanted to U-turn back and then I saw a small bike rode pass, they looked calm, maybe it's going to be over soon.  So I followed them and indeed, 50 meters later, it was tar road again ! :) Hurray !

Did I mentioned I have just washed by shoes ?

Then I started to descent, and I was rewarded with a great view for going through that scary muddy and foggy experience.


The two goats seemed to be enjoying the view too !


The last 60km wasn't that bad, I did reach Luang Prabang right before 12noon. As the room wasn't ready, they made me a nice pineapple shake with some fruits.

Luang Prabang Villa Oasis - SGD56/night.

Finish washing my stuff and look for lunch !
Went through a local market.

A Chinese fried chicken joint, hmm, gave it a try, not bad.

Local man-made bridges.

This sticker do look familiar.

After paying 20k KIPS, it's Wat visiting time again.





and then to the Royal Palace.

And there is a hill beside call  Mount Phusi (pronounced as "Pussy").

Paid 20k KIPS for the ticket and up I go, it was a short climb, but still tiring.


The view up there was great. Too bad I did not had the patience to wait 2 more hours for a sunset time-lapse video.


Another picture of the Royal palace.

A coffee store selling sandwiches using baguettes.


Comments

  1. Ahh, those baguettes in LP! I can smell them. For many of us who arrive there this is the very first item to be purchased, washed down by a Beer Lao. Enjoying your work Max. (I'm reading it most recent day to first).
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, baguettes are one of the must eat food in LP, with all kinds of flavors.

      Delete
  2. Hi Max. We are Singaporean couple riding on similar route as you. Now we are crossing from Cambodia to Laos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, have fun. Laos road are not in good condition, ride safe and don't rush. Let me know if you need information and I can share what I know.

      Delete
  3. You're the first biker I read whom didn't drop your bike when passing here. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, i was super freaked out during the foggy and muddy road, but thankfully i did not dropped my bike. But i did dropped it twice for the record.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts