SE ASIA - DAY 41 - CHIANG MAI - Free and Easy

It is back to the comfort of the big city, Chiang Mai.

Unfortunately, it rained since early morning. I check the weather forecast and tomorrow will be a raining as well. I have decided to rest for a day here and do some maintenance on my laundry and bike.

I managed to sew some buttons that have dropped off my pants, washed the pannier boxes again and the riding jacket.

I have changed the motorcycle's front tire before I left Singapore because some part of it have warped and it looked dangerous. While I have wanted to change the rear tire at the same time then, Mah was out-of-stock for the rear tire and they were unable to source for a suitable one. The rear tire looked okay then and I had left it alone.

The recent changed front tire.


I examined my bike yesterday and found some discomfort about the rear tire. Some part of the rubber were cracking and some portion had considerable amount of wear and tear and the threads were rather worn out.

The worn out rear tire


I have changed the engine oil in Hatyai due to the engine oil leak at mileage 16,750km. I have travelled about 6,000km since . While the engine oil have 4,000km to go, I thought of might was well change the engine oil and the filter as well.



There happens to be a Triumph motorcycle dealer and service workshop in Chiang Mai at the north-east corner of the old city. I wore my raincoat and rode to the dealer for the servicing.

Initially, they mentioned that they do not have the tire, but then later, they mentioned they can source for me. I believe they would be making a cut from there but doing it at the one-stop-shop saved all the trouble. At the same time, I requested them to clean the air filter due to the dusty road I have ridden in Cambodia and Laos. The cost come out to be 13,075THB(SGD545)

They estimated that to take about 3 hours and requested me to come back at 2pm to collect the bike.
So I wore my raincoat and roam the old city in the rain.



Saw this tour guide explaining about the spices used in Thai food and I stood nearby and listen.

Visited the Pae Gate, it's the remains of what used to be a city wall of Chiang Mai. If you look at the map of Chiang Mai, it looks like a square fortress with a river running around it.

A cafe demonstrating the cappuccino art.

Saw a Honda shop selling big Honda bikes

CBR650 at SGD9,000.

Had lunch while waiting.

And finally, it was 2pm and I went to collect my bike. It was there ready and waiting.
With it's brand new Pirelli Scropion Trial II rear tire. They actually washed the bike for me too. It looks really clean now.


Tire cost is excluded, I think it was 6750THB.

Day 42 - Chiang Mai to Sukhothai

Comments

Popular Posts