SE ASIA - DAY 37 - CHIANG MAI to PAI - MHS Loop Phase 1

I have planned for four stops in the Mae Hong Son Loop.
Chiang Mai -> Pai -> Mae Hong Son -> Mae Sariang -> Chiang Mai

A lot of people have chosen to do it clockwise because the initial part is easy and it gets tougher at Pai. This would allow people to get used to the 1800+ turns on the mountains. I do it the other way round because I have done many of the mountain roads when I was in Laos. This way, there will be less traffic to overtake along the way.


Met a CBR and Harley rider along the way when topping up petrol at the petrol station.
They mentioned that they just came back from Pai.



Reach the Huai Nam Dang national park along the way, decided to go in for a spin.

Here's the entrance

It leads you to many of the view points, this is one of them.

Then I finally arrived at Pai.

Did my share of advertising among others.

Passed by these big field of rapeseed flowers(油菜花), too bad they are not at the full bloom state yet, otherwise, it would have been more yellowish.

Then arrived at the Prawdao resort, with Flintstone theme.


Stayed at the comfy little hut, but the daily rate is 1,350THB(SGD55), quite expensive compared to double of what I stayed in Chiang Mai. I get to put out my laundry under the sun right outside.

Had a simple lunch and rode to the near by Chinese Village viewpoint, about 15mins away.
Wanted to take picture of the view and then this curious chicken wanted to pose with my bike.


Shooed it away and take 2.


Another spot.


Then went up to the summit, 20THB entrance fee.


Too bad, no clouds, or else it would have been a great spot for time-lapse video.


The usual tourist money squeezer, buy some hanging tokens, write your wishes on it and it will come true. Okay, this one have a romance theme on it, don't wish for striking toto, it won't work here.

An attempt on pano shot.

Day 38 - Pai to Mae Hong Son (MHS Loop Phase 2)

Comments

Popular Posts