SE ASIA - DAY04 - CHUMPON to HUA HIN

As much as I want to start early, the breakfast at the hotel only starts from 6.30am. So I load up my stuff on the bike and wait for the breakfast to start.




6.30am sharp, I walked into the restaurant and find the options to be rather good for a SGD32/day rate hotel. 





Oh, by the way, this is "NaNa". She is the mascot of the hotel and her job is to walk around in the hotel lobby and entertain guests. She wears a long chain with a pendant around her neck.



After breakfast, I set off at 7am. 10 mins later, it started to drizzle. I thought maybe it will be just drizzle and go away just like last night when I was at the night market. No I was wrong, it got heavier and heavier and I have to stop and wear my rain gear.  I thought of testing how good did I do on water proofing my shoes with multiple coats of Kiwi shoe polish and I did not put on the water-proof shoe cover. The shoe was totally soaked in like 10 mins. Another innovation failure of mine.



This is my first rain riding with the new SHOEI GT-AIR helmet. Equipped with a fogging shield, it is supposed not to get fogged up in the rain. However, it did fogged up in a short while and I have to stop and clear out the fog. Later, with trial and error, I realize that I have to open up the 3 air-vent found on the helmet and soon the fog will clear up and stop forming.

Cruising speed was at 90km/hr during the rain but once it cleared up, the speed goes up to 110km/hr. Road condition was pretty good except some potholes spotted in small towns along the way. Reached the BaanKlang Hua Hin Hotel at 11.30am.  This building is a combined condominium residence and hotel that is right beside the Hua Hin night market. There are ample parking that is sheltered, guarded 24x7 by security guards. At THB1,320(SGD54) per night, it comes with breakfast and the room is huge. Unfortunately, they dont have a double bed room, so I settled with a twin room.



Settled the laundry, took a shower and I went nearby for a quick lunch as it was still raining.
Found this coffee-shop style and ordered Spicy Tom Yam noodles.

Surprisingly, it tasted very good, comes with a big chunk of OX tail.
Of course, the main course is Singha beer.


Noticed yesterday morning that one of the two headlight bulb have blown.

When riding in early morning before Sunrise yesterday, there are many parts of roads without streetlights. I had to slow down to 60km/hr because you can only see up to a certain distance.
I went to a nearby motorbike accessories shop after lunch and showed them this.


Straight away, they knew what I need and handed me this for THB180.

Although it is not exactly the same as the LED headlight bulb I am using, 2 light is always better than one light. 


After trying to dry my shoes, riding jacket and pants with the hair dryer, I went out to the night market for dinner. This is where I discover there are a lot of Pork shop in Hua Hin.  I saw 3 of such shops within a 500metre range. Not sure if Hua Hin are famous for their Pork, but anyone wants pork chop for souvenir from Hua Hin ?




Thinking that Hua Hin must have something special with their pork, I ordered pork fried rice and pork red curry.




Then to the night market, where everybody is selling what other people are already selling in the market. I took special attention to the giant prawns unique to Thailand. Unfortunately, I was so full that I couldn't down a big prawn like this. Perhaps the next time I see them again.











Day 05 - Hua Hin to Pattaya

Comments

  1. Seems u encounter interesting problems everyday 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha, many small problem is so much easier to handle than one big problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting blog you have here Max... will continue to read your entries. We have lots of similarities i.e. Singha beer, riding solo, blogging.... lol cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KW, thank you for your comments. Yes, riding solo has its own advantages, we get to go whenever we want, make decision and execute it without the need to seek consensus. The only thing is the loneliness after the riding, this is where the Singha/Leo/Chang/Thai Whiskey filled in the gap and the convenience of chatting up with friends over the phone. The only fear is during breakdown or bike dropped in slope/ditch that you need an extra hand to lift up up. Then, I am sure there are always helpful passing-by people to lend a hand. Enjoy your riding and ride safe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts