SE ASIA - DAY 23 - VANG VIENG - Free and Easy

Walked around the big hotel compound after breakfast.
Found that the Thavisouk hotel have another bridge that I can cross the river for free.


and glimpse of the river from the other bridge.


You can get a hot-air ballon ride at USD90.

Saw 3 Kawasaki Versys, wonder from which countries are these.

Then it drizzled again in the afternoon.
Spent most of my time in my room tuning the route for the next phase of journey. I was initially planning to go to the Plain of Jars in Phonsavan. While it is only 245km away from Vang Vieng, Google map suggested that the journey will take about 6 hours.


Then I realize a big part of the road are in the mountains. From my experience yesterday coming to Vang Vieng, I noticed that some big tour buses and trucks will eat into the opposite lanes at fast speed when turning at these roads. It's quite dangerous for motorcycles like me that is not so noticeable. The returning trip will involve going back the same route. So I have decided to stay safe, skip the Plain of Jars and head straight to Luang Prabang.


Here are just some of the other activities available there at Vang Vieng, none of them catch my interest apart from the Lunch !

Day 24 - Vang Vieng - Free and Easy

Comments

Popular Posts