SE ASIA - DAY09 - SIHANOUKVILLE Free and Easy

7am early in the mornign, I took a slow stroll towards the Ochheuteal beach.
Then I saw a small tent serving breakfast to locals, BBQ in the morning ?



It's KHR5,000 (SGD1.60) for a BBQ Chicken rice breakfast. Hmm, I 'll take that.
Add on a ice coffee for another KHR1,500 (SGD0.50). The ice coffee was very nice.

The chicken tasted like Japanese style Yakitori with their sweet sauce. The pickled carrot was good, so was their chilli that tasted like Thai sweet chilli. Very satisfied breakfast.


The beach here is beautify, but somehow overcrowded by the number of restaurants and bars.






These kind of seating extend through the entire stretch of beach, I wonder are there really so many tourist in this area, the only way to find out is to come here only at night.





Crab breakfast at 7.30am anyone ?

You can take boat rides from here to the near by two islands which I see lots of people doing that.




And then I remember about the broken shoe and took a Tuk Tuk to the local biggest market. The Tuk Tuk driver said if I can't find what I need here, it is probably not available in Sihanoukville.
Off I went, 5km away at USD2 (bargained, they wanted USD3 initially) Tuk Tuk fee.


It feels so good to be driven for a change after riding for the past 5 days.
Once I reached there, the place reminds me of the old Tiong Bahru Market. ; )




They sell fresh ingredients as well, just like Tiong Bahru Market.



The closest I can find is a canvas high cut shoe, which would not be sufficient to protect my ankle during a crash. Since the ePoxy are still holding on, I shall wait till tomorrow when I make my way to Phnom Penh.
I did manage to find a portable hairdryer for USD6. While a lot of hotels provide them, as I venture to the more and more remote areas in Cambodia and Laos, hair dryers availability are hard to come by.  It is the deciding factor of if you will be wearing dry or wet clothings for the following day. So I decided to invest in one. They only have it in pink colour though.

Came back to the hotel for another USD2 Tuk Tuk fee, again argued that I came here at USD2 and I am not going to pay USD3. I succeeded in that bargain.

Ordered a jug of Ankor draft(USD3.50) and posted this blog at the hotel restaurant.


Day 10 - Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh

Comments

Popular Posts