SE ASIA - Day 49 - HUA HIN - Free and Easy

I went over to the same Night Market I went before last night during dinner time.

Still, I was eager to try the giant prawns which is quite unique to Thailand. The last time I saw it here, I was really full and had to give it a missed.  So I asked them to choose the two biggest they have. It came out to be 750gram, cost 1020THB. (SGD42)

I have ate some much smaller ones before, but just want to have the thrill of eating a prawn this big.

Yes, the two big ones on the grill were ordered by me. Look at the size of it as compared to a medium sized lobster.

It tastes great ! To-do-list: EAT GIANT PRAWNS - 👍

This time, I booked the room without breakfast. I find it to be more worth it if there is an option to opt out since they actually added in the breakfast price for two people if you booked it with breakfast where I am just alone.

I didn't really had a full day exploring Hua Hin when I last stayed here more than a month ago. I had never been to Hua Hin before that. Now that I have sufficient days to slowly head my way back, I thought of just staying over one more day to explore it more.

Oiled the motorcycle chain on my way out of the hotel. It is easily done putting the bike on a main-stand, spray the lube at the chain while spin the back wheel with your feet. Few minutes job.

Then I visited the local fresh food market.

Of course, their seafood is fresh and cheap here. Wished I have a kitchen here and buy these back to cook.

Hah, saw this funny looking fish again, big one cost 35THB for two.

A lot of stores selling dried seafood as well.

Had my breakfast at a stall there, pork rice noddles for 60THB. Quite nice.

I am staying at the outskirts of the beach resorts where most beach bum tourist stays, nevertheless, it's just a short 10mins walk away.


 Horse/Pony riding available at the beach.

The beach is beautify, really clean and even smoke free too.



I enjoyed taking off my slippers and walking on the wet sad.

But, when I tried to get out of the beach, it is quite uncomfortable to walk with all the sands that sticks to your feet. Of course, the Thais took every opportunity to make money from these. To use the tap and wash your feet, it will cost 5THB.


Passed by a local Wat.

Realized that the last time I cut my hair was in Cambodia, more than a month ago. I normally cut it once a month and when I passed by a hair saloon, I went in.

Cut and wash for 200THB. Now I don't have to worry about hair-cut until I get back to Singapore.

Came back to the hotel and re-organised my trip plans a little. Will be spending quite a few relaxing days over in Krabi and Phuket. The weather forecast showed that Krabi and Phuket are having rain almost everyday, but it should be similar to what we have in Singapore, hopefully it will come and go in an hour or two. Unlike northern parts where when it rain, it will rain the entire day.

Day 50 - Hua Hin to Chumpon

Comments

Popular Posts