SE ASIA - DAY 33 - LUANG NAMTHA TO HUAY XAI

It was really a chilly and foggy morning when I got down to have my breakfast at the guesthouse.
The breakfast area was outdoor, together with a couple of other guest, we were shivering and waiting for breakfast to be served.


My weather app says that it was 8 Degree Celsius. I think it was colder than that.

Lucky I am heading south from now on before it gets even colder over the next few days.

I set off right after breakfast at 7.30am.

My riding gloves were those designed for summer use with air ventilation holes. Similarly, my riding jacket are mesh jackets, those that allows wind to go through my body as I ride. Despite closeing all vents on my helmet and covered my face with bandannas,I still had those cold shivers as I rode. 😆

To make matter worse, I have to ride up through the mountains again.
Hmm, wild deer, didn't spot any.

Vandalized one of the decommissioned and abandon lamp post with a sticker of mine.

Stopped three times for toilet and water break, mostly in petrol stations. They are safer to stop as compared to road-sides.

Reached the Huay Xai border at about 12noon, didn't want to push on to Chang Rai as I had not idea how much time I will need to cross the border. So I found this hotel about 200metres from the border and I checked in there. The M Bokeo Hotel @ SGD60/night .


The hotel room was big and new, but there is one problem.
The hotel does not have a restaurant and there are no shops within walking distance of the hotel. 😨

But then, the staff mentioned about there is a free car service that can bring me to the town that is about 10km away.

When I settle what I need to do, it was already 3pm and I thought might as well go for an early dinner then. So I arrange the car to send me to the town, which took 15 mins. I then requested him to pick me up 2 hours later at 7pm.

Stir-fried pork with steam rice. 30k KIPS. Tasty, but their green chilli was really really spicy. My tears were flowing when I bite on one and decided to pick all of them out before I bit into another one. 😓😓
 Then kill time with more beer lao and then I thought what happens if I feel hungry again later when I get back. So I ordered this deep fried fish for 30k KIPS. Ate them all, nice with sweet chilli dip.


The driver was punctual and arrived at the dot on 7pm. There was another American family staying in the same hotel that went back together in the van.

Then I prepare myself all the necessary paperwork for the border crossing tomorrow.



Comments

Popular Posts