SE ASIA - DAY 26 - LUANG PRABANG - Free and Easy


Anyway, some shots taken last evening during a visit to the Luang Prabang night market.
Lots of street foods available at the road-side, mostly BBQ meat, crepes and baguettes.






Then saw an all-you-can-eat for 10k KIPS(USD1.20), you basically fill up the entire plate with whatever you can, cheap. Unfortunately, it's vegetarian.

There was an area with lots of chairs layout.

Realized that they were having film festival over there. They were showing free movies.

Actors were present taking selfies with their fans.

 Then to an area with lots of handicrafts on sale.

While I was having dinner in one of the restaurants, saw this car who drove all the way down from Sichuan, China. This is when it reminds me that the next destination would be rather near the China Border.


I woke up early this morning not wanting to miss the Alms giving ceremony. It is where the locals sit on the road-side and give bits of food to monks passing by. The ceremony occurs during sunrise and it proves to be a challenge for a lot of people waking up at this time.

As for me, I am a morning person, not a problem.
I noticed that some of the monks are really really young.



The tourists can take part too, but they are rules to follow and a lot of them don't seem to do it properly. I saw a Chinese lady doing it while standing, the woman were suppose to be kneeling down and their head must not be higher than the monk's. It sort of turn out to be disrespectful of the Lao's culture.

I have planned to go to the Kuang Si Waterfall right after, which is about 30km away from Luang Prabang. So I went back to the hotel, packed up my stuff but then realized that it had started to drizzle. The hotel staff said that by looking at the cloud condition, it is likely to stay this way for the rest of the day. Imagine visiting a waterfall in a rain, doesn't sound interesting, so I dropped the idea.

Then I start to look for a motorcycle washing shop nearby because my motorcycle is covered with mud from the road on the way to Luang Prabang.

Found this motorcycle shop owned by PRC Chinese. They quoted 20K KIPS(USD2.50) which I though was a reasonable deal.

Really professional service, my bike have never been that clean before :) .

Then the sun came out, and I thought might as well make my way to the waterfall.
After 30km of bad road, I arrived at the waterfall. Parking fee for motorcycle is 4K KIP,  entrance fee is 20K KIP.



Turquoise blue water, really a beautiful waterfall.




Tomorrow is gonna be a long ride, based on Google Map, 7.5hrs all the Luang Namtha. Weather forecast report that Luang Namtha will rain :(

Day 27 - Luang Prabang to Muang Xai

Comments

Popular Posts