Day 6 - 03 Aug 2017 - Riding around Taiwan - Taipei to Taichung


My return flight back to Singapore takes off from Kaohsiung on 05 Aug afternoon.
Thus I must get back to Kaohsiung before 04 Aug night time.
The plan is to ride back to Taichung on 03 Aug and from Taichung to Kaohsiung on 04 Aug.


Took a slightly different route for the remaining 1/3 of the journey just to experience different scenery. Ended up passing through a lot of chicken farm. You can smell the distinctive chicken shit smell from far away where I will hold my breathe until pass through it. Regretted the decision, I should have sticked to the coastal highway until the end. 

For those highway marked with red symbols, they are actually highway meant to cars and big bikes(>250cc). For most of these red highways, there will be a normal highway right beside the red highway running in parallel where the small bikes can travel on. So do not freak out if Google map leads you to the direction of the red highway.


When I wear this green bandanna on my face, it really scares off some people, they probably think that I was some kinda weirdo. Half-way through, took out my drone and took some pictures.


Reached Taichung and check in the same hotel I stayed rather than risking my luck in another unknown hotel. Then went explored a tourist attraction called Miyahara. 

Miyahara was an Ophthalmology Hospital, a place where they treat eyes during the Japanese occupation period (1895 - 1945). Now the same building is used to sell tourist souvenirs and they serve up very tasty ice cream. The queue is crazy and I did not have the patience to join them.





Instead, I went to try some more of the milk fish.

Bought back some of the braised delicacies.

and tried out the local whiskey product in the hotel room.




Comments

Popular Posts