SE ASIA - Day 48 - BANGKOK to HUA HIN

I left the hotel at 6am, before sunrise as I am so afraid of getting caught up in the Bangkok traffic jam. There is a need for me to cross the river by ferry and my first destination is the pier. The same one I have used when going from Hua Hin to Pattaya.


The traffic have already build up by then. Going to the pier itself took me closed to an hour.
The pier area was a little bit flooded.  Here's a short video on boarding the ferry with your motorcycle.



Same thing, a man will come around and charge your 10THB (SGD0.40) for the fee.




On route 35, motorcycles have to stay on the side road that runs in parallel with the highway. Average speed at that timing was about 60km/hr.  Once turned into route 4, it's free for all and I did about average 120km/hr.

Reached the same hotel I have stayed previously in Hua Hin at about 12noon.
Quite a big room for SGD42/night. If you use booking.com to book any hotel room, you will get 10% cash back to your credit card if you use this link to book.




Having a balcony with sunlight is great for doing laundry.

I walked to a nearby pier that stretches about 100 meters out into the sea. There were quite a few people fishing there, although I could not get to see if they have caught any fishes.





Another Pano shot attempted there.

The sea is green in color over there.


On the way looking for lunch, saw this cat that was screaming for her master to feed her.

I have decided to have it here because they serve lamb chop, haven't been a while since I have one.

The lamb chop was good.

I didn't touch the fries as since I am heading back, time to slowly switch back to my low-carbo diet.

Interesting way of vehicle parking here in the small streets. On even days, you can only park on one side of the road. On add days, you will need to park on the other side. This is to ensure fairness to the shops operating there. Now that means you cannot leave your vehicle parked for more than a day or else you will get a ticket ! 😆



Finally, food for thought, one of the Whatsapp chatgroup I am in sent out this video.




While it may appear to be an eating competition, it is not. It is actually Thai workers extracting chicken feet skin using their mouth and spit in into a bag. 😝Next time if you are considering eating Thai salad with chicken feet skin, think twice. 😔 Luckily this is not one of my favorite food.

Day 49 - Hua Hin - Free and Easy

Comments

Popular Posts