SE ASIA - DAY 31 - JINGHONG(景洪) - Free and Easy

I only get to update the day 30 and 31 after I come back into Laos, because China blocks Facebook, all google services, Whatsapp .....etc etc. I think Microsoft is in good terms with China as Skype is still working. Even my trustworthy EarthVPN no longer works in China, so if you get into China, be prepared to be cut-off from the world..

I walked around in the big Jinghong city, visiting quite a few of the must go places, including the ManTing garden (曼听花园)。








You can get to rent a 傣族(Thai ethic)costume and take pictures there.








It was a nice park indeed and worth visting.
Then to the large city shopping malls.


An interesting micro-brewery which wasn't operating because it was too early.

Went to a large fruit distribution centre and see what fruits do they have here.


Had dinner in this sichuan restaurant ,they actually add butter to the hotpot, gives a lot of nice flavor to the food, sinful but considering that I was staving for the last few days, I thought it was okay.

It turned out to be really nice. Ah, I love China food !

Then off to the bar beside the river (and my hotel) and had a few beer. The have been closed for a few weeks due to road repairs and just started operating.

I ordered some beer snacks.

Then the staff started to have their dinner on a table beside and the boss offered me a bowl of what they had. Fried noodles and it was really really good !


Day 32 - JingHong 景洪 to Luang Namtha

Comments

Popular Posts