SE ASIA - DAY 29 - LUANG NAMTHA - Free and Easy

I am staying one more day in Luang Namtha to make sure that I secure a bus ticket to Jinghong tomorrow. The journey to Jinghong will take slightly more than 7 hours, but it's a break away dozing off on the bus while letting others watch out for the potholes !

So I went to the Luang Namtha night market last night for dinner. It's probably the most happening place in the entire Luang Namtha. Many stores selling different food and items can be found here.
Shared seating just like the hawker centre in Singapore.


My stomach was feeling so much better after the medicine and so I am going to venture into the local food again, of course, with caution.

This stall was roasting chicken, duck and pork belly using an automated rotating oven. Rather impressive. So I ordered half a duck for 25k KIPS(SGD4.10) including a big bottle of Beer Lao, the duck are those small ones, about half the size of what we consume in Singapore.


Really tasty with the Chilli dip, not spicy at all.

Then, there were bodyguards appearing on both my left and right side to ensure I have a safe meal.

On the left is Alpha.

On my right is Bravo.

I manage to finish my meal safely so I rewarded them with the bones. Somehow, right after all the bones have been consumed, they went off looking for someone else to "guard". Hey, I still have my bottle of beer unfinished !

Comments

Popular Posts