SE ASIA - DAY 20 - THAKHEK to VIENTIANE

Set out right early in the morning during the first day-light, since there were no breakfast offered at the hotel. It was a chilly morning, probably below 20degree(c).



Rode towards where the sunrise behind the mountain.




Yes, its gonna be a day of ride to see the mountains and the lakes.


Selfie through the shadow


and the king of the roads, cows. Try hitting them and you will be in very deep trouble.


Lots of dead trees, it was quite a sight, probably due to the flooding ?
Big mountains


I passed through lots of caves, but didnt bother to go visit them. It actually requires walking there like 2-3km off from the road. But the scenery through the entire Thakhek loop was great, although slight challenging mountain road conditions.

Then I arrived at Na Hin at about 11am. Went to the Sainamhai resort that I have initially picked for the night.  The resort looks deserted, but I was fine with that. Then when they asked for payment for 30,000KIP(SGD25), I gave her USD20 and she hesitated, insisted on wanting LAOTIAN KIPS. I actually dont have much KIPs on me, not enough. Well, language barrier and for the fact that she was not comfortable of accepting USD, I told her I will see if I can exchange money somewhere else. I think people in the rural side of LAOS are not receptive of using USD.

Then I rode and rode,  then I thought since my next destination is 200km away, I might as well skip this ordeal of looking for money changer. So I reset my GPS and off  to Vientiane I go.

Endured through the hunger, numbness and pain on my knuckles, I arrived at Vientiane



Beside the hotel was this temple.

Feeling super hungry, went to this Thai style BBQ buffet, add 20k KIP for free flow of Beer Lao, how can I resist that. Full buffet with beer was USD12.5.


These people there were out to serve, the young chap was helping me to cook all the stuff and pouring me beer. How wonderful, I just have to focus on helping myself with the beer.
.
Urban person I am, I still like big cities. :)

Day 21 - Vientiane - Free and Easy


Comments

Popular Posts