SE ASIA - DAY08 - KOH KONG to SIHANOUKVILLE


The road to Sihanoukville was full of pot-holes, big and deep potholes.The one shown below is one of the example, there are even deeper and bigger ones. So I have to maintain my speed at about 70km/hr and keep constant lookout for the potholes and avoid them.

The last 80km was good road where cruising at 110km/h was possible but the big truck drivers on the opposite flow will be out there to bully. They don't watch out for you in the opposite direction and just get into your lane when over-taking.  You will be forced to quickly go into the dirt path.  I encountered at least 3 instances of being forced out into the side path.




Seems that they have Chinese written in signboards of major installation, I wonder why.


I finally made it to the BEACH ROAD Hotel at Sihanoukville before 11am.
They offered a room at USD35/day. It was quite okay, but nothing to shout about.

(Later update: The room I stayed in has got bedbugs, got bitten on my neck, arms and legs when I left the hotel)



I have read up that Cambodian traffic police forbids vehicle travelling during daylight with headlights on. They said that headlights turned on during daytime are only allowed for VIP vehicles.
My motorcycle does not have a light on/off switch. It is mandatory to be turned on once the bike is started up. So I have to cover my headlight by using a rag to cover the headlight, like this.


Felt like having Chinese food.
Have one of the dry fried beef kuay teow, it was really good, humongous portion at USD4.
I only managed to finish 1/3 of it.



Day 09 - Sihanoukville - Free and Easy

Comments

Popular Posts