SE ASIA - DAY 61 - PHUKET to HATYAI

Had a bowl of porridge from the hotel breakfast and set out at 7am this morning.
It was estimated to take about 7 hrs from Phuket to Hatyai according to Google map.


The weather was quite intimidating, with dark clouds shadowing over me along the way. I was so worried on a sudden heavy downpour but luckily, it didn't.


Then I passed through a short stretch of road full of tents, all of them selling pineapples.


Small ones at 3THB, medium ones at 5THB, huge ones 5 for 100THB. Really cheap huh ?

Ok, then there are the giant ones at 4 for 100THB. (SGD4)

I guess this area is very suitable for growing pineapples. Nope, I didn't buy any, I am really not pineapple fan anyway and my panniers are really packed.

The road was smooth, only on one part whereby there were some dangerous turns when I really have to slow down to 70km/hr, otherwise, doing average at about 120km/hr.

Reached the Lee Garden hotel at about 2pm as Google have predicted. Amazing isn't it ?
Parked at their underground carpark, fully guarded.


As usual what Hatyai hotel does, they will retain your passport instead of a cash deposit.

This is probably the cheapest hotel I have stayed in the entire trip, SGD16.41 after a few dollar voucher discount offered by Agoda.

Comes complete with bath tub.

 A queen sized bed.



Even a bathtub.

Ok, their WIFI sucks. Doesn't work at all, I have to tether it from my mobile phone to update this blog.

Did my laundry and went out for lunch at close to 3pm, unfortunately, lots of the shops have closed for lunch except one.

I ordered a Tom Yam Seafood soup for THB150.

Then I saw this fish on the menu, have been always wanting to try it.

Ok, the mystery have been solved, this is actually a mackerel fish, Thailand breed whereby the head is tilted to the side, it is called Pla Tuu.

It taste just like any other mackerel fish we have in Singapore.
Going to cross the border early in the morning tomorrow and head straight to Melaka.

Did a time-lapse of the journey, but I guess 5 secs is too long, I should have done a 1sec instead. Will try again tomorrow if I have the chance.


Day 62 - Hatyai to Melaka (Malaysia)

Comments

Popular Posts