SE ASIA - DAY 59 - PHUKET - Free and Easy

No, I am not done with Phuket yet.
I booked a half-day tour that covers the the Elephant ride, Big Buddha, shooting range.
Well, I wasn't that keen on the Elephant ride, but it's part of the package, I just have to tag along.



I didn't ride the elephant, after seeing them hitting the elephant's skull with the hook, it was really cruel. Poor elephant.

The Phuket big buddha was really amazing, it was really huge and the scenery there was great ! Really worth being there. However, the road up the mountain is of bad condition, luckily I dropped the idea of riding there after reading up reviews about the road condition. It is better taking a car or a Tuk-Tuk there.





The buddha is relatively new, while the big buddha statue is completed, the surrounding facilities are still in the process of construction.

Then off to the shooting range.
They have quite choice of choosing various size of pistol, rifles and even shot-gun.
Forget about the rifles, I must have shot thousands of 5.56mm M16/Carbine bullets, tens of thousands of7.62mm GPMG, tens of 0.5Inch Heavy machine guns and even tens of 75mm AMX-13 Tank rounds, but never anything from a pistol.


This time, I have choosen to fire a 0.45MM Colt pistol, that is something I did not experience from my army days . 1180THB for 10 rounds, oh boy, each shot is a SGD5 thrill.


Each shot is really exciting, the back-blast effect is quite strong. Well, the gun is quite heavy if you aim it long enough. Probably explained why most of my shots ended lower than the center. Still the same technique, hold you breathe, aim, double trigger action. A staff is there to ensure safety and they will do the cork-check-clear action for you.


Ok, out of 10 shots from a 0.45mm Colt from 25metre, I got 4 on the head, 6 on the neck, still deadly right ?  I still passed, 56/100.

Day 60 - Phuket - Free and Easy

Comments

Popular Posts