SE ASIA - DAY 46 - BANGKOK - Free and Easy

Woke up, went to the 7-11 convenience store downstairs and grabbed a rice burger and milk for breakfast. Then I saw a garden hose at the carpark and asked the hotel staff if I could borrow it to wash my bike. The lady said normally they don't allow, but since it's new year day, she understand that people would want to wash their bike for the new year. So she allowed me to use it, hurray !

I started my bike and tried to ride it to where the hose it and....... it wont start 😓.
I immediately do an Immediate Action(IA) check ->

1) Key turned to right position,
2) Check for the Engine cut-off switch, turn it off and on again
3) Check if I am in neutral gear
4) Lift up side stand and try again, no reaction.
5) Check for petrol level

Then I realized that the petrol level gauge is showing that I have zero fuel left !
I recalled that I have just pumped the petrol before going into Bangkok and each time I topped up petrol, I will always reset the trip meter, it still reads 85km since the top-up. My bike can do at least 250km on a full top-up with the full two side pannier load.

Then I shake the bike left-right and I can still feel that the petrol tank is at least half-full.
I turn off the power and turn it on again, press start, no reaction.


I dismounted the bike and check the electrical connections, it appears to be intact.
Put in the key and turn it to on position and press start again, immediately, it roars into life !!

Phew, but, the petrol gauge is still not working.
After the servicing done in Chiang Mai, all was fine, so it should not have been a bad workmanship done then. There is a Triumph service center in Bangkok some 6km away but it's New Years Day and they should be closed today. I will try going there tomorrow and have this checked out.

Then I proceed to wash my bike.


Not as clean as what the bike shop have done, but still, it looks good now with all the major dirt washed out.

Then I decided to go out and walk around. I have been to Bangkok countless times and been to most of the tourist places. Each time I come here, I always go to MBK instead of the modern shopping center. In my personal opinion, no point going to the modern ones as they are no different from what we have in Singapore and they are priced almost similarly.

Took a train there, have to change 3 times, Phetchatburi -> Sukhumvit exit and walk to Asoke -> Siam -> National Stadium. The first time I came here was like 20+ years ago, the building itself have transformed into a modern looking structure, but still preserving the MBK original feel of Bangkok.





Each time I come here, I will always eat my favorite Thai food at the food court on level 6.
Now, you have to first buy a store value card from the cashier, just top up the amount you think you will spend, any unused ones will be refunded after your meal. Alipay is accepted here but I have tried, foreigners other than Chinese nationals are not allowed to use Alipay or Wechat pay outside China.





 Yes, the braised pork leg here is good. 😄85THB with the additional egg. Rokchai di mak (taste very good) !!

Spent a large part of the afternoon arranging videos and compiling them. Rendering videos on Adobe Premiere was utterly slow on my notebook. Finally got a first cut out, the later videos were cropped off due to that the time-lapse videos were not in the same video sizes. Will fix it when I get back to my much more powerful notebook in Singapore.

Best viewed in 1080HD format in Youtube, quite a good remix of Faded and Lose yourself for the soundtrack.


Day 47 - Bangkok - Free and Easy

Comments

Popular Posts