SE ASIA - DAY06 - PATTAYA - Free and Easy



Had my lunch yesterday at 4.30pm and was afraid that I woke up in the middle of the night and feeling hungry. So I explored around at 8pm last night to have a light meal before calling it a day.

Saw this Ninja Thai Hotpot that is filled with locals, it has to be good. The location is at 12.9447866,100.8937188 .  Being alone, I couldn't master the courage to go in and have a hotpot by myself. It was quite heavy for a pre-sleep meal too, so I let it pass. 




I ended up this marvelous fish congee(THB80)  that is also heavily patronized by locals. This store have a lots of good comments and most customers are local. The fish is really fresh.  I usually rate if a shop is expensive or cheap by the cost of their beer. A large bottle of Chang beer cost THB70 where other restaurants usually cost THB100.  7-11 sells a bottle of Chang Beer at THB58. Coordinates 12.9487599,100.8975061 . The shop is called Ko Si Chang Fish Congee as in Google Map but the signboard is in Thai. It's the corner at the road junction, you can't miss it.



I love days when I don't have to wake up early and set out even when the sky have yet to brighten up.
Nevertheless, I still wake up at 5am (6am SGT) and took my bike out for a spin in Pattaya beach area when everyone else is still sleeping.




Yes, I have the side panniers stored in the hotel room, the bike is so much more agile without them.
Had my breakfast in Macdonalds and then to the Santuary of Truth, a must visit in Pattaya.
It's the Pattaya version of Sagrada Familia in Bacelona.


The entire building is made of wood. not a single metal nail was used. It was started by a rich Thai businessman and the project started in 1981. It is targetted to complete only in 2050. I wonder if I get to see the day when it complete.


Every single section in the entire structure was carved in detail, you gotta see to believe. The ticket was a little bit steep at THB500 though, but its a "since you are there, why not" thing. 


The place have elephants you can ride at additional cost, or you can even feed the goats.



Here's a video with an action cam mounted to my bike.



Day 07 - Pattaya to Koh Kong(Cambodia)


Comments

Popular Posts